Starting in business is difficult enough without having to worry about bookkeeping, records, tax, dealing with HMRC etc.
One of the first things to decide upon is the structure of your business; choosing between Sole Trader, Partnership, Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) and Limited Company.
By examining your individual needs we can allay your concerns and help you set up a business structure that suits you.
Having helped around 50 businesses, we can warn you of the pitfalls that many new business owners face when starting out. We are here to provide an experienced sounding board for the myriad of questions that you may have and help you to make your new business a success.
Services that we provide include:
- Working with you to select the most appropriate business structure
- Dealing with Her Majesties Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and registrations for all relevant taxes including VAT, payroll if appropriate
- Setup with Companies House (for LLP or Limited Company)
- Helping you to set up your business record keeping
- Helping you to understand what expenses can be claimed for
- Accounting, tax planning, payroll and compliance with rules and regulations
I was introduced to SYKAM and Stuart through a chance conversation between our wives. At the time I was looking into purchasing a franchise business called Dream Doors. His assistance and expertise were invaluable, helping me assess the viability of the business. He did a lot of work ‘stress testing’ the figures provided and explaining the business model.
Having decided to proceed, I have had his continuing support and help in starting the business. He has helped and explained what procedures and systems I should have in place in a way that someone, such as myself with not a lot of accounting experience, can understand.Ian Rubython MD
Dream Doors North Glasgow